Browser Compatibility

I was going through the information for the visitors to my blog during the last couple of days and discovered that one visitor came to the site using Internet Explorer 7. So I decided I better double check that my site was in fact compatible with IE7. Turns out there were some serious issues viewing the site with IE7 and in several other browsers. Any of you that are familiar with CSS will know the tediousness of fixing that type of problem. But after a couple hours of tracking down a handful of minor errors and inconsistencies, I believe that my template now works perfectly in IE7 and IE8, Firefox 2.0 through 3.6, Google Chrome, Safari 3 and 4, and Opera 9 and 10. (If I have missed something and there is something messed up for any browser you are using, please let me know and I'll correct it.) So whoever you were with IE7, you can come back and visit my site again. It'll look okay this time. While I was at it, I corrected some errors in my XHTML. My site now conforms completely to the XHTML 1.0 Transitional standard. I only have a couple of things preventing conforming to the XHTML 1.0 Strict standard; I'll work on those sometime soon. This was particularly difficult to achieve because a lot of the old posts that I wrote in blogger had some pretty sloppy HTML tags. I'm not sure if it was Blogger's editor or some other editor (I experimented with several) that was messing things up so bad, but there were quite a few problems. (There may still be be a few errors in really old posts—I didn't go all the way back.) And as a final note, I will not be supporting IE6. I think everything works in it except IE6 doesn't support PNG 24 images, which is what is doing all of the transparency. If you have IE6 you really need to upgrade your browser.